Sunday, February 13, 2011

Laurentian Ski Club

This has been a fantastic weekend.  The weather was awesome.  Today John and I headed to Laruentian Ski Club for a day of skiiing.  John had written on the refridgerator, "Bernie and John skiing Sunday."  So--there was the pressure--I had to do it.

We had taken lessons last year at Laurentian and thoroughly enjoyed every outing.  Today was my first ski of the year.  I was excited but a little apprehensive.  On the way to the hill I told John that it is just like riding a bike--you never forget.

Once I started down the main hill I realized I had forgotten.  I said to myself, "Am I supposed to be enjoying this?"  Yikes.  We quickly retreated to the bunny hill for a few "runs".  The fundamentals I and learned in my lessons returned and I was confident to head over to the main hill.  Lots of fun.  We ran in to Jarred Reid and he toured with us for awhile.  He showed us a cool route down the hill which included the run named after Steve Omischl.  We managed to take a couple people down when we disembarked from the chair lift.  I blame it on John--we were able to laugh this one off.

The weather was mild when we started at noon and it continued to get warmer as the day went on.  At one point it was snowing quite heavily but eventually the snow subsided and a fog rolled in.

The day was perfect.  John was a great ski companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment